Bronx Audi Car Accident Lawyer
Thousands of people are injured each year in New York in car accidents caused by someone’s negligence. Because of the size and weight of cars, and because they are often traveling at high speeds at the time of the accident, it is not unusual for the injuries suffered by victims to be quite serious. Even when driving or riding a well-made vehicle such as an Audi that includes a number of safety features, serious injuries occur. For example, it is not uncommon for a victim to suffer a traumatic brain injury such as a severe concussion, or a life-altering spinal cord injury that leaves the victim paralyzed. Such injuries are not only physically and emotionally painful they also can cause the victim financial stress since the victim may have to miss a substantial amount of work. If you are considering contacting a New York Injury Lawyer because you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in an Audi car accident, it is critical that you immediately contact an experienced Bronx Audi Car Accident Lawyer who will work closely with you to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses through a personal injury or wrongful death claim.Common car accident injuries
If you are in a car accident there are a variety of injuries that you could possibly suffer. The type of injury that you will suffer depends on a number of factors such as the severity of the impact and the type of accident. However, certain injuries tend to occur more than others, including the following:
- Brain and head injuries. A head injury is one of the most common injuries. Car accident victims often bang their head against the dashboard or windshield. In cases where the victim was thrown from the car, he or she may land headfirst on the hard pavement. The head injury could range from a mild concussion to a severe traumatic brain injury.
- Neck injuries. An injury to the neck is also a common injury. Even in a relatively low-speed, low-impact accident, a victim may suffer whiplash or some other type of strain to the neck. More serious neck injuries involve and injury to a disc.
- Facial injuries. In a car accident the face is easily injured when it comes in contact with an airbag, dashboard, steering wheel, windshield or broken glass. The face is cut or bruised, or facial bones are broken.
- Back and spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the back and spinal cord are common in car accidents because the bodies of victims are often tossed about and twisted. In addition, the spinal cord may be bruised or crushed. As a result, victims sometimes suffer severe back and spinal cord injuries that can lead to paralysis.
If the negligence of another driver caused the car accident that resulted in your injuries, the types of compensation that you may be able to recover include:
- Medical expenses. The person responsible for the accident that caused your injuries may be required to pay for your medical expenses. This would include medical bills you accumulated prior to filing your claim as well as future medical expenses related to the treatment of your injury.
- Lost wages. Even a relatively minor accident may cause you to miss time at work. The person responsible may be required to pay the wages you lost. If you end up using earned sick days or vacation days, you may be entitled to receive compensation for those days. Furthermore, if as a result of your injury your earning potential declined, you may be able to recover damages for loss of future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Another potential source of damages that you may be entitled to receive is pain and suffering. In the context of a personal injury claim, pain and suffering refers to physical pain as well as emotional distress.
- Property damage. The person whose negligence caused the accident may also be responsible for damage to your vehicle or other property.
- Wrongful death. If a loved was killed in the car accident, you may be able to pursue damages through a wrongful death action.
All too often victims who suffer serious injuries in car accidents lose their careers, have a diminished quality of life, and see their personal relationships suffer. A serious accident can also cause financial devastation from mounting medical bills coupled with a decrease in income. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates is experienced in handling personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from auto accidents. Contact us at 1-800-NY-NY-LAW (1-800-696-9529) to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your case.