Bronx Chevrolet Car Accident Lawyer
The moments following a Chevrolet car accident can be frightening, particularly if you suffered a serious injury. Car accidents often involve vehicles traveling at high-speeds. This means that the impact when two vehicles collide is substantial. As a result victims of car accidents tend to suffer from serious, life-threatening injuries. For example, it is not uncommon for a victim to suffer a traumatic brain injury such as a severe concussion, or a life-altering spinal cord injury that leaves the victim paralyzed. Such injuries are not only physically and emotionally painful they also can cause the victim financial stress since the victim may have to miss a substantial amount of work. Just like victims of constructions accidents, medical malpractice and other types of accidents, New York law allows victims of Chevrolet car accidents to seek compensation from the responsible party. If you are considering contacting a New York Injury Lawyer because you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in a car accident, it is critical that you immediately contact an experienced Bronx Chevrolet Car Accident Lawyer who will work closely with you to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses through a personal injury or wrongful death claim.What to do after a car accident
If you are a victim of a car accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention if needed. However, it is also important to gather as much information as possible to ensure the best possible outcome of your personal injury claim.
- Contact the police.
- Get the name, contact information, and license information of the other driver.
- Get the other driver’s insurance information.
- Get the license plate # of the other car
- Take photos of you cars and any other vehicles involved.
- Take photos of the area around the scene for evidence of road and weather conditions.
- Get contact information from witnesses
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident. However, do not speak to the insurance company of the other driver or of anyone else involved in the accident.
If you are in a Chevrolet car accident there are a variety of injuries that you could possibly suffer. The type of injury that you will suffer depends on a number of factors such as the severity of the impact and the type of accident. However, certain injuries tend to occur more than others, including the following:
- Brain and head injuries. A head injury is one of the most common injuries. Car accident victims often bang their head against the dashboard or windshield. In cases where the victim was thrown from the car, he or she may land headfirst on the hard pavement. The head injury could range from a mild concussion to a severe traumatic brain injury.
- Neck injuries. An injury to the neck is also a common injury. Even in a relatively low-speed, low-impact accident, a victim may suffer whiplash or some other type of strain to the neck. More serious neck injuries involve and injury to a disc.
- Facial injuries. In a car accident the face is easily injured when it comes in contact with an airbag, dashboard, steering wheel, windshield or broken glass. The face is cut or bruised, or facial bones are broken.
- Back and spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the back and spinal cord are common in car accidents because the bodies of victims are often tossed about and twisted. In addition, the spinal cord may be bruised or crushed. As a result, victims sometimes suffer severe back and spinal cord injuries that can lead to paralysis.
If the negligence of another driver caused the car accident that resulted in your injuries, the types of compensation that you may be able to recover include:
- Medical expenses. The person responsible for the accident that caused your injuries may be required to pay for your medical expenses. This would include medical bills you accumulated prior to filing your claim as well as future medical expenses related to the treatment of your injury.
- Lost wages. Even a relatively minor accident may cause you to miss time at work. The person responsible may be required to pay the wages you lost.
- Pain and suffering. Another potential source of damages that you may be entitled to receive is pain and suffering.
- Property damage. The person whose negligence caused the accident may also be responsible for damage to your vehicle or other property.
- Wrongful death. If a loved was killed in the car accident, you may be able to pursue damages through a wrongful death action.
All too often victims who suffer serious injuries in car accidents lose their jobs, have a diminished quality of life, and face difficulties in their personal relationships . A serious accident can also cause financial devastation from mounting medical bills coupled with a decrease in income. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates is experienced in handling personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from auto accidents. Contact us at 1-800-NY-NY-LAW (1-800-696-9529) to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your case.