Bronx Ferrari Car Accident Lawyer
If you were involved in a Ferrari car accident, it is important to understand your legal rights. Car accidents involving Ferraris are caused by a variety of factors. However, statistics show that the vast majority of accidents are caused by negligence. Examples of negligent driving include speeding, texting and driving, tailgating and drunk driving. Negligence causes accidents that leave people injured. In some cases the injuries are quite serious. For example, a victim of an accident may suffer a severe blow to the head resulting in a traumatic brain injury such as a serious concussion. In other cases a victim may suffer broken bones or a back or spinal cord injury. These types of injuries involve long recovery times, with the victim being unable to work for weeks or even months. However, under New York law victims of Ferrari car accidents may seek compensation from the person whose negligence resulted in the accident. If you are in need of a New York Injury Lawyer because you or a family member were injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another person, it is important to contact an experienced Bronx Ferrari Car Accident Lawyer who will help ensure that the person responsible for your losses is held accountable through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.Common car accident injuries
There are a variety of injuries that victims of Ferrari car accidents commonly suffer. The type of injuries depend on factors such as the speed at which the vehicles involved were traveling at the time of impact and the type of accident. Common types of car accidents include head-on, rear-end, side-impact, and rollover accidents. Injuries that victims typically suffer in car accidents include:
- Brain and head injuries. A head injury is one of the most common injuries due to victims hitting their heads on a windshield or steering wheel, or being thrown from a vehicle head first.
- Neck injuries. An injury to the neck such as whiplash is also a common injury since the impact may cause your body to be severely jostled about.
- Facial injuries. In a car accident the face is easily injured when it comes in contact with an airbag, dashboard, steering wheel, windshield or broken glass. The face is cut or bruised, or facial bones are broken.
- Back and spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the back and spinal cord are common in car accidents because the bodies of victims are often tossed about and twisted. In addition, the spinal cord may be bruised or crushed. As a result, victims sometimes suffer severe back and spinal cord injuries that can lead to paralysis.
If the negligence of another driver caused the Ferrari car accident that resulted in your injuries, the types of compensation that you may be able to recover include:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills including bills from the hospital, your doctors, prescriptions and bills associated with medical equipment
- Damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
If a loved was killed in the car accident, your loved one’s personal representative may be able to pursue damages through a wrongful death action. A personal representative is typically the decedent’s executor of the administrator of his or her estate.
Beware that New York law has a specific time limit for filing a claim in a personal injury case. If you do not file your claim within the time period, you will be forever barred from collecting damages even if your case has merit.Bronx Ferrari Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident that you believe was caused by the negligence of another person, it is critical to immediately contact an attorney with experience. Not only will you be faced with physical challenges, you will also face financial challenges due to medical bills and loss of income. Compensation from the person responsible for your condition is essential to help you and your family deal with the financial burden. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates has extensive experience representing clients injured in SUV rollover accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, and other types of accidents. Contact us at 1-800-NY-NY-LAW (1-800-696-9529) to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your car accident.