Bronx Lexus Car Accident Lawyer
There are a number of factors that can contribute to a Lexus car accident. However, by far the most common reason is negligence. Examples of negligent driving include speeding, driving while intoxicated and texting while driving. Because of the size and weight of cars, and because they are often traveling at high speeds at the time of the accident, victims of car accidents tend to suffer from serious, life-threatening injuries. For example, it is not uncommon for a victim to suffer a traumatic brain injury such as a severe concussion, or a life-altering spinal cord injury that leaves the victim paralyzed. Such injuries are not only physically and emotionally painful they also can cause the victim financial stress since the victim may have to miss a substantial amount of work. Fortunately, New York law gives victims of Lexus car accidents as well as victims of other types of personal injuries such as medical malpractice the right to seek compensation for their losses. If you are considering contacting a New York Injury Lawyer because you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in a car accident, it is critical that you immediately contact an experienced Bronx Lexus Car Accident Lawyer who will work closely with you to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses through a personal injury or wrongful death claim.Common car accident injuries
If you are in a car accident there are a variety of injuries that you could possibly suffer. The type of injury that you will suffer depends on a number of factors such as the severity of the impact and the type of accident. However, certain injuries tend to occur more than others, including the following:
- Brain and head injuries. A head injury is one of the most common injuries. Car accident victims often bang their head against the dashboard or windshield. In cases where the victim was thrown from the car, he or she may land headfirst on the hard pavement. The head injury could range from a mild concussion to a severe traumatic brain injury.
- Neck injuries. An injury to the neck is also a common injury. Even in a relatively low-speed, low-impact accident, a victim may suffer whiplash or some other type of strain to the neck. More serious neck injuries involve and injury to a disc.
- Facial injuries. In a car accident the face is easily injured when it comes in contact with an airbag, dashboard, steering wheel, windshield or broken glass. The face is cut or bruised, or facial bones are broken.
- Back and spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the back and spinal cord are common in car accidents because the bodies of victims are often tossed about and twisted. In addition, the spinal cord may be bruised or crushed. As a result, victims sometimes suffer severe back and spinal cord injuries that can lead to paralysis.
If the negligence of another person caused the accident that resulted in your injuries, you can pursue a claim against that person for damages. The types of compensation that you may be able to recover if you file a claim against the negligent person include:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills including bills from the hospital, your doctors, prescriptions and bills associated with medical equipment
- Damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
If a loved was killed in the car accident, you may be able to pursue damages through a wrongful death action.Bronx Lexus Car Accident Lawyer
All too often victims who suffer serious injuries in car accidents are unable to return to their jobs, can no longer care for themselves, and have challenges in their personal lives. A serious accident can also cause financial devastation from mounting medical bills coupled with a decrease in income. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates is experienced in handling personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from auto accidents. Contact us at 1-800-NY-NY-LAW (1-800-696-9529) to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your case.