Bronx Mercedes Car Accident
If you were involved in a Mercedes car accident, it is important to understand your legal rights. Car accidents involving Mercedes are caused by a variety of factors. For example, some of the top causes of car accidents include speeding, distracted driving, driving while impaired, and reckless driving. Regardless of the specific cause of an accident, nearly all accidents are caused by negligence. Under New York law drivers must drive in a manner such that other motorists, passengers and pedestrians and not put a risk. Failure to do so would amount to driving in a negligent manner. Negligent causes accidents. In some cases the injuries are quite serious. For example, a victim of an accident may suffer a severe blow to the head resulting in a traumatic brain injury such as a serious concussion. In other cases a victim may suffer broken bones or a back or spinal cord injury. These types of injuries involve long recovery times, with the victim being unable to work for weeks or even months. However, under New York law victims of Mercedes car accidents are allowed to seek compensation from the person whose negligence resulted in the accident. If you are in need of a New York Injury Lawyer because you or a family member were injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another person, it is important to contact an experienced Bronx Mercedes Car Accident Lawyer who will help ensure that the person responsible for your losses is held accountable through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.Common car accident injuries
If you are in a Mercedes car accident there are a variety of injuries that you could possibly suffer. The type of injury that you will suffer depends on a number of factors such as the severity of the impact and the type of accident. However, certain injuries tend to occur more than others, including the following:
- Brain and head injuries. A head injury is one of the most common injuries. Car accident victims often bang their head against the dashboard or windshield. In cases where the victim was thrown from the car, he or she may land headfirst on the hard pavement. The head injury could range from a mild concussion to a severe traumatic brain injury.
- Neck injuries. An injury to the neck is also a common injury. Even in a relatively low-speed, low-impact accident, a victim may suffer whiplash or some other type of strain to the neck. More serious neck injuries involve and injury to a disc.
- Facial injuries. In a car accident the face is easily injured when it comes in contact with an airbag, dashboard, steering wheel, windshield or broken glass. The face is cut or bruised, or facial bones are broken.
- Back and spinal cord injuries. Injuries to the back and spinal cord are common in car accidents because the bodies of victims are often tossed about and twisted. In addition, the spinal cord may be bruised or crushed. As a result, victims sometimes suffer severe back and spinal cord injuries that can lead to paralysis.
If the negligence of another driver caused the car accident that resulted in your injuries, the types of compensation that you may be able to recover include:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills including bills from the hospital, your doctors, prescriptions and bills associated with medical equipment
- Damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
If a loved was killed in the car accident, you may be able to pursue damages through a wrongful death action.
Beware that New York law has a specific time limit for filing a claim in a personal injury case. If you do not file your claim within the time period, you will be forever barred from collecting damages even if your case has merit.Bronx Mercedes Car Accident Lawyer
All too often victims who suffer serious injuries in car accidents lose their careers, have a diminished quality of life, and see their personal relationships suffer. A serious accident can also cause financial devastation from mounting medical bills coupled with a decrease in income. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates is experienced in handling personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from auto accidents. Contact us at 800.696.9529 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your car accident.