Bronx Nissan Car Accident
While there may be many cited reasons for a Nissan car accident, in the vast majority of cases the reason that a car accident occurs is a type of negligence. For example, some of the top causes of car accidents include speeding, distracted driving, driving while impaired, and reckless driving. Each of these driving behaviors is a type of negligence. In addition, some car accidents are caused because the road is in disrepair, there is debris on the road, or because of a mechanical defect. Each of these factors is a type of negligence. Nissan car accident victims often suffer injuries that are quite. For example, a victim of an accident may suffer a severe blow to the head resulting in a traumatic brain injury such as a serious concussion. In other cases a victim may suffer broken bones or a back or spinal cord injury. These types of injuries involve long recovery times, with the victim being unable to work for weeks or even months. However, under New York law victims of car accidents as well as victims of other types of accidents such as medical malpractice have the right to seek compensation for medical expenses and other losses. If you are considering contacting a New York Injury Lawyer because you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in a car accident, it is critical that you immediately contact an experienced Bronx Nissan Car Accident Lawyer who will work closely with you to ensure that you receive compensation for your losses through a personal injury or wrongful death claim.Elements of a negligence claim
In order to show that a driver was negligent, you must show the following:
- The defendant had a duty of care.
- The defendant breached his duty of care.
- You suffered injuries.
- You suffered losses.
If the negligence of another driver caused the car accident that resulted in your injuries, the types of compensation that you may be able to recover include:
- Medical expenses. The person responsible for the accident that caused your injuries may be required to pay for your medical expenses. This would include medical bills you accumulated prior to filing your claim as well as future medical expenses related to the treatment of your injury.
- Lost wages. Even a relatively minor accident may cause you to miss time at work. The person responsible may be required to pay the wages you lost. If you end up using earned sick days or vacation days, you may be entitled to receive compensation for those days. Furthermore, if as a result of your injury your earning potential declined, you may be able to recover damages for loss of future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Another potential source of damages that you may be entitled to receive is pain and suffering. In the context of a personal injury claim, pain and suffering refers to physical pain as well as emotional distress.
- Property damage. The person whose negligence caused the accident may also be responsible for damage to your vehicle or other property.
- Wrongful death. If a loved was killed in the car accident, you may be able to pursue damages through a wrongful death action.
Beware that New York law has a specific time limit for filing a claim in a personal injury case. If you do not file your claim within the time period, you will be forever barred from collecting damages even if your case has merit.Bronx Nissan Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident that you believe was caused by the negligence of another person, it is critical to immediately contact an attorney with experience. Not only will you be faced with physical challenges, you will also face financial challenges due to medical bills and loss of income. Compensation from the person responsible for your condition is essential to help you and your family deal with the financial burden. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates has extensive experience representing clients injured in SUV rollover accidents, car accidents, truck accidents, and other types of accidents. Contact us at 800.696.9529 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your car accident.