Queens Recreational Vehicle Accident Lawyer
A recreational vehicle (RV) is a vehicle designed as a temporary living space typically used for recreational, camping, travel or seasonal use. Some RVs are motorized, while others must be towed. RVs are popular for vacationing, camping, fishing, hikers, and for taking long road trips around the country. They are equipped with cooking appliances, storage, and sleeping areas. In other words, they are like a home on wheels. However, while comfortable, RVs have very few safety features for drivers and passengers. As a result, even when traveling a low speeds, when an RV is involved in an accident the result is often serious property damage and severe personal injury. New York law gives victims of vehicle accidents the right to seek justice by suing the negligent party. If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in an RV accident that was caused by another person’s negligence, contact a Queens recreational vehicle accident lawyer at Stephen Bilkis & Associates as you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.Types of Recreational Vehicles
There are several types of RVs that can be classified as motorized or towed.
- Motorized. Motor homes and motor coaches are types of motorized RVs. They range from smaller personal use motor homes to large luxurious commercial motor homes and motor coaches.
- Towed. RVs that must be towed include pop-up campers, campers, travel trailers, and fifth wheelers.
Whether the RV is motorized or towed, maneuvering an RV can be very difficult and requires experience. The height, weight, and shape of motorized RVs in particular create a particularly dangerous situation for both passengers in the RV and occupants of other vehicles on the road. In addition, RVs carry heavy furniture, appliances, and other objects that can cause catastrophic injuries in the event of an accident. While some of the common causes of RV accidents are the same causes of other types of vehicle accidents, other causes are related to the size of RVs and the loads they carry. Regardless of the reason for the accident, if you are involved in an RV-related accident, contact a Queens recreational vehicle accident lawyer.
Common causes of RV accidents include:
- Speeding. Just like with any other type of vehicle, speeding is a common cause of accidents.
- Driver inexperience. Driving an RV is not the same as driving a sedan or SUV. Similarly, towing and RV requires additional knowledge and skill.
- Driver overcorrection. Overcorrection is often caused by driver inexperience.
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol. Drunk or impaired driving is a frequent cause of accidents in all types of vehicles.
- Uneven load. If an RV is improperly loaded, the driver may have difficulty maneuvering it, leading to accidents.
- Runaway trailers. Failure to properly secure the RV to the vehicle towing it can lead to the trailer separating from the vehicle and potentially crashing to another vehicle or pedestrian
Through a personal injury lawsuit filed with the guidance of an experienced recreational vehicle accident attorney in Queens, there are a variety of types of damages that may be available to you based on the losses you suffered due to another person's negligence. For example, victims who suffer serious injuries after being injured in an RV accident will undoubtedly face substantial medical expenses. These expenses include the fees your doctors charge, ambulance fees, emergency room fees, hospital fees, surgical fees, costs of prescriptions, costs of medical equipment, as well as fees associated with rehabilitation.
Whether you miss a few weeks or a few months of work, the negligent party is responsible for paying you the wages and other compensation that you lost. Pain and suffering is a legal term that encompasses not just physical pain, but also emotional and mental suffering such as fear, grief, worry, inconvenience and the loss of the enjoyment of life.Contact Stephen Bilkis & Associates
If you were injured as a result of an RV accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries, financial loss, and pain and suffering. Don’t attempt to pursue compensation by yourself. Injury cases involving vehicles such as RVs can be complicated. It’s important to have someone with significant experience by you side. Stephen Bilkis & Associates has decades of experienced in handling personal injury cases stemming from vehicle accidents. Keep in mind that when it comes to pursing a personal injury claim, time is of the essence. Contact an experienced recreational vehicle accident attorney serving Queens 800.696.9529 to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your case. We serve clients in the following locations: Queens, Westchester County, Suffolk County, Staten Island, Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, and Nassau County.