Bronx Product Liability
Whether the product is a car, prescription medication, prescription drug, frozen food, or child’s toy, dangerous products or defective products have caused serious injury or death to millions of people. Under product liability law, consumers who suffer a serious injury caused by a defective product can hold the manufacturer, distributor, retailer or supplier liable for the injury. Depending on the product, there are many types of injuries suffered by consumers because of dangerous products. For example, a victim injured in a car accident caused by a design defect could suffer a brain injury, burns, internal injuries, broken bone, or a spinal cord injury. Sadly, there are many cases where the victim died after using a dangerous product. Victims who are seriously injured by defective products can seek damages by filing a civil lawsuit. If you were injured by a defective product, contact an experienced Bronx product liability injury lawyer. Because of the complexity of defective products cases, it’s important to have experienced representation.Types of Product Liability Claims
Defective manufacturing of a product is a common problem. Vehicle recalls occur regularly because of a defect. Toys and equipment for babies are also subject to recall because of children being injured. If there is a direct relationship between the product’s defect and your injury, you may have the right to compensation. Contact an experienced Bronx product liability injury lawyer to discuss your concerns.
Types of product liability cases include:
- Faulty design. Here, the product’s design made it dangerous to use for its ordinary purpose.
- Manufacturing defects. Here, the design is sound, but there was a problem during the manufacturing process that rendered the product dangerous.
- Failure to warn. Here, the manufacturer failed to provide proper instruction for using the product that would help prevent injuries.
A serious injury from a defective product affects not only your heath, but also your ability to work and your general quality of life. In addition, it can have a devastating effect on the finances of you and your family. Fortunately, through a product liability lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor of the defective product that caused your injury you may be able to receive compensation for your losses.
- Medical Bills: Compensable expenses include fees related to emergency room treatment, hospital fees, fees for surgery, prescriptions, visits to your doctors and medical equipment.
- Loss of Income: You may be able to recover both lost wages and loss of future income potential.
- Pain and Suffering: Whether you will be entitled to receive pain and suffering damages and the amount of such damages depends on the seriousness of your injuries. Injuries that leave permanent damage your pain and suffering award is likely to be greater than if you completely recover from your injuries.
- Wrongful Death: If the defective product caused a loved one to pass away, then the family may have legal recourse via a wrongful death suit. The claim can include reimbursement for medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of future income.
To discuss your case and the compensation to which you may be entitled, contact an experienced product liability injury attorney in the Bronx.Bronx Product Liability Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one was harmed by a defective product, you may be able to recover damages from the manufacturer, the distributor, or even the retailer from where you purchased the product in a product liability lawsuit. However, defective product cases are often quite complex, involving a thorough understanding of the nuances of product liability law. Determining legal fault often requires the review of a great deal of complicated evidence and the testimony of experts. It is important to contact an attorney experienced in product liability cases to ensure that your case will result in the best possible outcome. The staff at Stephen Bilkis and Associates is experienced in handling product liability cases as well as personal injury and wrongful death cases stemming from auto accidents, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents and construction accidents. Contact us at 1-800-NY-NY-LAW (1-800-696-9529) to schedule a free, no obligation consultation regarding your case. We serve those injured in accidents in the following locations: Bronx, Westchester County, Suffolk County, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Nassau County, and Queens.